Our aims as a society
- To promote and support railways of between 8” and 12 1/2” gauges.
- The society will not be railway specific but rather as a complement to existing lines both private and commercial.
- To encourage safe practices within both industry and hobby.
- To encourage the building of locomotives and stock and the recording of details of those machines.
- To make an accurate historic record of locomotives both steam and non-steam.
- To build, maintain and operate a directory of present lines.
- To include private owners and lines in a way that protects both their privacy and security.
- To create a comprehensive historical record of lines past and present.
- To obtain discounts for members, and by grouping members together, obtaining bulk orders of items from dealers thus securing a more favourable price for smaller lines.
- To encourage communication by the issuing of updates on our website and hopefully in various magazines, of news, practical ideas, information, sales of stock etc.
- To encourage the enjoyment of the hobby by communication, visits and social occasions.
- We will be a non profit making organisation with a nominal modest yearly fee to cover expenses, the amount to be reviewed annually.
We welcome suggestions for other related areas to cover or offers of assistance.
You can join here.