The Hall Leys Park miniature railway in Matlock is 9 1/2 inch gauge line which is about 200 yards long, running alongside the River Derwent.
The railway is about a 5 to 10 minute walk from Matlock station.
There is a single station with a two road shed beyond.
The running line is a single track so the train propels back to the station.
The line first opened in 1948, but the current locomotive dates from 1974. It is a 6wDH called ‘Little David’ built by Coleby Simkins of Melton Mowbray.
Trains fares are 70p and the line is usually open weekends during the summer and some school holidays.